PEC 2020 BIOBLITZ SCHEDULE
MAPLECROSS COASTLINE RESERVE
SCHEDULE POSTED SOON
Please sign in at the REGISTRATION TENT when you arrive ($5/person includes meals – children 16 or under are free but must be accompanied by an adult). You will be asked to sign a Liability Waiver. Please note that photographs may be taken during the event, and by participating you grant PECFN and event organizers the right to use photos for documentation, promotion and press releases in print or online.
WHAT TO BRING
1. Clothing: long pants and close-toed footwear (to protect against ticks and poison ivy)
2. Sun protection: sunscreen, hat and water (bring a refillable container – water is available at Base Camp)
3. Optional: rain gear (boots and jacket) – activities continue rain or shine and there can be wet areas if it has rained recently
4. Snacks (be sure to pack out all garbage)
5. Camera, binoculars, magnifying glass, notebook, pencil, field guides, butterfly net
1. Black-legged Ticks (which may carry Lyme disease) are present in Prince Edward County. Wear long pants and do a check after activities. More information on Ticks and Lyme disease can be found at www.ontario.ca/page/lyme-disease
2. Poison Ivy is present in the area
First Aid is available at the Base Camp but you may wish to carry a basic First Aid kit with you
CODE OF CONDUCT
Be respectful of wildlife and please do not harm animals or trample vegetation unnecessarily.
Please do not bring pets to the BioBlitz.
Please report any rare or species-at-risk to the experts at the Base Camp